Chartered Physiotherapist & Registered with the HCPC
19 Years Experience as a Chartered Physiotherapist
- Women's Health Specialist and her extended training are qualified to undertake abdominal and pelvic assessments, including internal examinations.
- Authorised to undertake The Mummy MOT
-Specialist interest in pregnancy-related musculoskeletal pain and post-partum recovery
- Feedback and bumps Instructor - 1:1 and group-based instruction on exercising safely in pregnancy
- Taping - Rare extended skills in the use of taping in both ante-natal and post-natal clients for multiple pain conditions.
- Also a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist - (the treatment of all conditions relating to the muscle, joint and bone injury, or situations)
- Qualified Acupuncturist and registered with the AACP
- Masters Degree in Manual Therapy includes a significant amount of clinical research on the latest and most evidence-based hands-on treatment for all musculoskeletal conditions (Coventry University).
- Over 10 years experience delivering expertise to pre and post-surgical patients with orthopaedic complaints (knee & hip replacement, shoulder surgery, foot surgery etc.)
- Vast experience and exceptional professional relationships with the consultants throughout the Leicestershire region
Minal Gadhia is a specialist physiotherapist with 17 years of experience in the NHS and private sector. She graduated with an I:I BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy from Kings College, London, a very highly regarded place of training in physio and worked initially in The National Health Service at a large training hospital. She then completed her Masters in Physiotherapy at Coventry University. She has been working in private practice since 2003.
She is a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP); Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the Acupuncture Association for Chartered Physiotherapists (AACP) and Manipulation Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MACP). All of which ensure safe and professional working standards of a high level at all times.
Minal is highly experienced in the treatment and management of all neuromusculoskeletal conditions. She has worked alongside a number of leading orthopaedic and rheumatology consultants in Leicester whilst developing a wealth of pre and post-operative rehab experience from shoulders and elbows, to backs, hips, knees and feet.
The 3 year Masters in Manual therapy allows her to combine many different approaches to physiotherapy to provide tailor-made rehab programs specific to your individual needs. Her knowledge exceeds that of basically trained physio's.
She has been a qualified acupuncturist specialising in musculoskeletal pain for over 15 years. As a member of the Acupuncture Association of Chartered physiotherapists (AACP), Minal continually trains to high levels of up to date practice, with extended education, in this very specific area of her practice.
Minal works primarily now as a Women's Health Specialist physiotherapist. She has undertaken extensive additional training to enable her to undertake abdominal and pelvic examinations, including internally, and subsequently develop an individualised treatment plan for the client. Her skillsets in the Women's Health area include, but are not limited to:
Overactive Bladder Syndrome
Management of stage 1 & 2 Prolapse
Assessment of Abdominal Muscles
Postnatal Return to Running
Visceral pain/release techniques
Vaginal Electrical Stimulation
On top of her already impressive skills in musculoskeletal rehabilitation, this very specialised additional knowledge is one of the key reasons that we were keen for Minal to join Team Rehab UK. It is widely accepted that access to this type of physiotherapy around Northamptonshire in this area is very difficult in the private setting. Minal will be putting some more extended information up on the website in the New Year relating to this topic so keep checking back if this is of interest to you.
In 2019 Minal also underwent further training so that she, and Team Rehab UK, are now authorised to deliver official Mummy MOT Sessions.
Minal joined Team Rehab UK in late November 17 and has proven to be very popular with all of her patients with excellent outcomes and reviews.
We are currently building a new Women's Health area on the website so please be patient. Click on the link for more information on the Mummy MOT. If you would like to ask Minal questions whilst we update our pages, please either send us a message or call us at one of the clinics.
Outside of work Minal is a busy mum of 2 and enjoys staying active and keeping fit with her family.