Chartered Physiotherapist & Registered with the HCPC
- Graduated with an Honors Degree in Physiotherapy in London in 2000 and went on to complete a Masters Degree from Leicester in Pain Management in 2008.
- Has worked alongside revered consultant spine specialist Mr Nick Birch, at East Midlands Spine, since 2009, in the role of Clinical Research Fellow.
- Was a self employed Physiotherapist at Witty, Pask and Buckingham (Northampton) for 8 and a half years until leaving in May 2017 due to the increased work load associated with developing Team Rehab uk Ltd.
- Has been part of National and International spinal research projects and is Co-Chair of the post project steering committee, along side Oxford based spinal surgeon Professor Jeremy Fairbank, after completing the 5 year EU Genodisc Project.
- Was a key member of the Rex Bionics 'Rapper Trial' investigating the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of the worlds first self stabilising exoskeleton robotic suit, for use by wheelchair bound individuals, in upright walking and exercise.
- He is a multiple published co-author in numerous Medical Journals.
- Is very keen on patient and professional education and as such has guest lectured in UK and presented in Europe.
- Has specialist skills and interests in spinal pain but also likes to see the weekend warrier 'athlete' and those of us that are simply wearing out!!
Chris was very professional physio and his years of knowledge came shining through highly recommended to anyone in need of a 1st class physio.
Thanks for getting me back on track with great advice and care.
(K.W - Jan 19)
Brilliant. Chris pinpointed my problem immediately and helped enormously with tailored exercises. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Superb friendly, knowledgeable and professional care. Thank you, Chris.
(J.B - Feb 2020)
After 2 years of neck and shoulder pain booked a consultation with Chris at Team rehab and so pleased I did. Given great advice and therapy, and after 5 sessions with Chris, my neck and shoulder feel great. I will not hesitate to use Team rehab again. Thanks again Chris
(E.D - Feb 19)
I visited Chris through my husband's recommendation, who has had excellent physio and advise over the years. Professional and friendly service within a lovely environment. I was treated and given exercises to do which certainly helped, so would definitely recommend Chris. (J.R - Nov 2019)
Chris comes from a small village between Wellingborough and Kettering making him a true Northamptonian.
He was educated at Sir Christopher Hatton School, in Wellingborough, before moving to London to undertake his Physiotherapy degree at the Royal London Hospital, in association with the University of East London. He graduated in 2000 and went on to work within the NHS, in and around London and Essex, prior to his return to Northampton at the end of 2003.
After developing an interest in spinal problems, especially the lower back, Chris went on to complete a Masters Degree in Pain Management at the University of Leicester. In 2009 he was invited to take up the position of Clinic Research Fellow to Consultant Spinal Specialist Mr Nick Birch at East Midlands Spine Ltd and has been there ever since!
Chris was the primary representative of East Midlands Spine during the EU funded GENODISC project, which was a multi-million Euro research project run by Oxford University, and in association with sites across 9 countries. This project used cutting edge technology along with the latest research to investigate the role our genetics play in the degeneration of our intervertebral discs and the possibility of developing techniques such as stem cell therapy to try and slow, or even reverse this process. The five-year project drew to a close in 2013 however Chris remains the Co-Chair of the steering committee which is a group of experts overseeing the future use of the technology and information gathered.
Since then he has been co-author of multiple research papers published in world-leading medical journals and has continued to work on several projects with the most recent and ongoing being the Rex Bionics 'Rapper Trial' (World's only self-stabilising exoskeleton robotic suit that enables wheelchair-bound individuals to get up and walk)
Throughout his time at East Midlands Spine he has continued to maintain a clinical presence at both Moulton and a leading Northamptonshire Physio Clinic. His main caseload is, without surprise perhaps, spine-related disorders, however, he enjoys seeing other musculoskeletal and post-operative cases as well. In 2015 Chris closed his sole trader company in order to start Team Rehab UK Ltd. This would give him the platform on which to handpick the therapists that he felt could deliver the expertise and type of care that he thought should be available to his clients around the region. He is committed to expanding a company that employs only experienced, proven therapists that can deliver effective and appropriate treatment in class-leading environments.
Chris is married with a 10-year-old son and his favourite pastime, when away from work, is going to the lakes with him where they climb and conquer the peaks of the north together (and the long-suffering wife & mum can get some peace and quiet!!!). He has tried triathlons and even trained for the 25km fan dance in 2018, but for his rewards has already undergone one knee operation and another may be on the cards! And they say exercise is good for you.